Monday, November 10, 2008

Shopping Saturday

Saturday, I really really really needed to get out of the house. Being cooped up in a hospital room (in case Sean was contagious) for 2.5 days just made me stir crazy.

I wanted to hit University Mall (actually the Disney Store) because Swampy had said that they'd have Perry the Platypus out in Nov. After the t-shirt debaucle (they were all out with in 1 week of Phineas AND Ferb), I didn't want to risk it. After looking around for a bit, I started getting nervous, no P&F stuff anywhere. Then suddenly I found it -- Phineas, Ferb, and Perry. Ryan was with me and went NUTS for Ferb! When he pressed Ferb's tummy he'd say favorite phrases. Andrew saw Ryan with Ferb from across the room and grabbed Phineas. Seany collected all three and Alex asked, "Can we each have our OWN set?" (translates to: I don't want to share when I know they will slobber all over them.) And then he noticed the journal. "Its only $6. PLEASE!"

So Mark took the kids out and I bought them their first set of Christmas gifts: Phineas, Ferb, Perry, and the journal. It'll break down like this: Ryan gets Ferb, Andrew pleaded for Phineas, Seany gets Perry, and Alex gets his journal. I also got them Wall-E and a gift for my mom.

When we got home, Andrew said, "Mommy! I need my Phineas and Perry now."

Mommy: "Huh?" Yes, I'm very dumb.

Andrew: "MY Perry the Platypus and Phineas."

Mommy: "Oh, you saw the bag from the Disney Store. I bought a present for Nona."

Andrew: "Mommy there is more in the bag than Nona's present."

Alex: "Ah, Andrew. Maybe we better pretend like we don't know anything about Phineas and Ferb and Perry and ANYTHING ELSE Mommy MIGHT have gotten us at the store because we MIGHT get it for Christmas."

Smart boy.

1 comment:

swampym said...

That Alex is a wise young man!