Thursday, February 12, 2009

Current Happenings

I've scheduled Ryan's spina bifida clinic appointment for the same day as Andrew's dermatology appointment -- Fri 3/6. Both are at Primary Children's in Salt Lake. Basically we'll be up there all day long. Poor Seany is going to be bored silly. Ryan's appointment is at 8:30 (we have to leave the house at 6:45 in case of traffic). Andrew's is at 1:30. I have to arrange a mom to watch Alex in case we're not home before him...

I've been trying unsuccessfully to potty train the twix. Anybody train twins? Want to share? They are so not interested. Mark can attest to the fact that the mere suggestion of the word "potty" will send Seany into a temper. He suggested chocolate kisses as he feels mini-M&Ms maybe not so exciting. I really was hoping to get it done before we go to Vegas and before Ryan's appointment so they'd have a better idea of how the sb is affecting his potty parts.

Andrew is learning his words and spelling the titles to his books. He gets lots of letters wrong and always guesses if he's unsure. Yesterday at his preschool Valentine's party, the kids exchanged Valentine's. In Andrew's very LOUD voice, he shared with me, "Mommy, Miss Amy pinched one of my Valentine's instead of letting me give it to her. And she said thank you, but I didn't hear her because I wasn't paying attention. Brant only gave me one Valentine and (yelling really loudly at this point) my GIRLFRIEND GAVE ME A WHOLE BAG OF CANDY for my present. Can I OPEN my present from my GIRLFRIEND?" Brant is Andrew's 'best friend,' basically he's the only boy Andrew's age that we've met... As far as his girl friend goes, I believe that's the little blond that sits right next to him all the time and I believe she gave everyone a 'whole bag of candy.'

Alex is definitely turning into a tween -- are there boy tweens? He is moody, easily offended and often blames me or Andrew for all that is wrong with the world... He desperately wants a Bakugan set (for trading at school, like Pokemon cards, only more expensive as toys) but because of their very nature, we're hesitant to give in. Maybe E. Bunny? Typically, E. Bunny only spends $10 each chicklet, don't think one can do anything Bakugan for that price...

I've been clenching my jaw as I sleep. Apparently the stress of not being around for my dad's surgery and healing (or lack of healing), finances, potty training the twix (in addition to some other things) is getting to me. The dentist has me taking 800 mg 3x a day of ibuprofen every day for a week to get the inflammation down in 2 places where I have some inflammation. He said if I keep it up, the pressure I'm putting on my teeth is going to crack one tooth that has a filling, so unless I want a mouth guard....

Some of the woman here in Paysonia have invited me to a couple things. I'm trying to participate. Last night, it was a late night movie. Today, there was a luncheon at a home, but Ryan's having some potty issues and I wasn't about to show up with a kid in his condition...

One of my resolutions was to participate in the Women's Group at church this year. So far, I haven't. The first month, something went down that afternoon that led to me not driving to Orem (maybe snowing?). This month, no meeting. Definitely, going to try to go next month.

No comments: