Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy Wednesday

This morning, I did not want to get out bed. My sleepy self was right. I should not have gotten out of bed.

Breakfast for the chicklets was corn flakes. Yes, we eat good here in Utah. Real good. Ryan was T-I-C-K-E-D. Corn flakes are not his idea of de-lish. Andrew ate his up, Alex too. Seany made a bit of progress and Ryan hoped for an early lunch.

After taking Alex to school. I planned on taking a shower (needed one last night, but didn't feel like waiting for my hair to dry, so postponed it) -- BIG MISTAKE! I started the hot water. I put on Little Einsteins. I heard Andrew screaming, really screaming, "MOMMY! MOMMY! SEAN AND RYAN BROKE THE SINK! THERE'S WATER SHOOTING ACROSS THE KITCHEN. HURRY!"

Preparing to enter the shower, I was not clothed. I had to put on clothes as its day time and the neighbors can see a certain distance into our kitchen because we can't drape the slider (thanks to the twix).

There was water everywhere -- on top on the double ovens (clear across the kitchen), all over the island, in the pantry (scooting there from the floor). Basically half the kitchen doesn't need to be mopped.

I discovered they unscrewed the spout part from the hose part. And the hose part is now stuck in the tunnel the spout goes into. Wonderful. I cannot clean any dishes left over from last night or this morning. I don't want to make any lunch because the pan can't be soaked/cleaned/whatever.

I need a long pair of pliers or some other kind of grabby gadget. I think my neighbor can fix this, but he's not home. Just sucks.

Oh, by the way. As Andrew was screaming, trying in someway to help (he was getting kitchen towels out), Sean and Ryan RAN OFF to the front room as if it wouldn't occur to me WHO broke the sink.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Special thanks to my handy neighbor! He fixed my sink!

DufusUT said...

.....I'm actually speechless......

Kathryn said...

For some reason, you not having a witty remark is cracking me up.

carolyn said...

I'm sorry, this was the most hilarious post I've ever read on a blog. I'm sorry. (About the sink and the mess.) Glad you had a neighbor who could fix it!