Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Andrew is barking

Andrew had a cold about a week ago. He finally seemed to be over it, yesterday, as I started developing the symptoms.

Then this morning, he and Seany were sitting on the couch watching Diego save a turtle when I heard, "BARK, BARK BARK. BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK!"

"Who just coughed, like a seal?"

"I did Mommy, but don't worry, I'm not sick," Andrew answered.

"Andrew, that sounds like croup. You have to go to the doctor."

"No, Mommy. I'm fine BARK BARK BARK."

Break to breakfast, every couple of bites, "Bark, bark."

"Andrew, I'm very sorry. You're going to the doctor."

"But, I don't WANT A SHOT!" he wailed.

"They don't have to give you a shot for croup. Some kids get a medicine they take by mouth."

"I'm one of those kids."

No comments: