Friday, December 12, 2008

Alex is 9!

I can't believe my little man is 9 years old! He's such a great kid, for his birthday, I thought I'd share 9 awesome Alex things.

1. Alex can read any book and usually figures out the hard words.

2. Alex is kind and empathic to others' troubles.

3. Alex eats his vegetables without whining (took 7 years, but he's done it!).

4. Alex loves to participate in whatever -- sports, class, scouts, family time...
4a. Alex loves games -- board games, card games, word games, chess/checkers, sudoku, video games, etc.

5. Alex tells jokes and makes them up (precursor to being a witty adult?).

6. Alex loves being the oldest brother and tries (unsuccessfully usually) to help his little brothers out all day long.

7. Alex cares about his appearance enough to stay clean and groomed, but not so much he's primping all the time. Being cool is fast coming up on us on the horizon.

8. Alex never stops moving -- not even in his sleep, not to watch a movie, not to sit still, not ever. If he were chubby I would describe him as a ball of energy, constantly on the go.

9. Alex loves trivial information. Anything that is a fact, he'll remember and store away for a handy moment. He also loves to quote favorite books and movies. I hear a lot from Phineas & Ferb (because he finds the show hilarious) and the Potters (because he finds Ms. Rowling quite wise).

And an Alex story:

Alex: "Mommy, whenever Ferb talks, its always a fact."

Mommy: "Well, not always, he doesn't want to look at Candace when she looks like Medusa."

Alex: "Mommy........!! Ok, not that time. But listen. Platypuses are the only animals that lay eggs..."

Mommy: "Well, I think that one is true."

Alex: "Mommy, I know its true. THAT's why its funny!"

And finally, to Alex:
Thank you for making everyday an adventure. I miss you all day while you're at school and your activities. And I look forward to the fun ahead.

No comments: