Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Naughtiness

So today was one of those days. Sean couldn't be good for anything this afternoon.

The morning was great. He, Andrew, and especially Ryan helped me pick things up, throw stuff away and vacuum the house. Ryan helped clean the bathrooms while Sean started pouting. Lunch ticked Sean off -- pb&j, I think he wanted a hot dog (but I have rules about how often they can have them). Then it was nap time -- a 3 hour struggle. I finally gave up and while RyGuy slept, Sean sat on the couch with me. I wouldn't let him leave.

When Ry woke, I let them play and started dinner. While Alex and Andrew played the 360, Ryan 'helped' me make dinner (by helped I mean he ate olives and cheese). Sean was quiet and then I realized absent. I went into my room. I heard him in the bathroom (which is open and visible from the older boys vantage point in the bedroom). He had gotten into all my makeup.

Its going to have to be tossed and replaced. All of it. That's like $75 down the drain. Only $75 because about 8 months ago, he got into the make up and I had to toss bunches then. And I have to replace it, this weekend, because next Saturday is Mark's company party (which I have no dress for, I don't have any winter dresses, one summer dress -- totally wrong). So what would have been $50 to spend on a dress is now down to around $20 so I can get some el cheapo makeup to wear that evening.

Alex and Andrew totally ignored Sean smearing makeup all over the floor, using my brushes to paint the sink, destroying my stuff, etc. They sat not 5 feet from him and therefore, all three of them were in trouble. Poor Ryan, who was not in trouble didn't know what to do with himself and sat on the couch miserable with his bros despite my assurance that he alone could play.

No comments: