Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Andrew

When we got to Primary Children's last week, Andrew asked, "Mommy is this the hospital where they told you my name was Andrew?"

I responded, "No. You were born at a different hospital and Mommy and Daddy named you."

Andrew questioning our naming authority, "But who was the doctor that told you I was supposed to be called Andrew?"

"We told the doctor what your name was. Parents name their kids, not the doctor."

Andrew quiet and thoughtful, looked slightly disgruntled that a greater authority other than his mother was not responsible for coming up with his greatest source of pride, his name, Andrew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm When I was a very small child, there was no greater authority than my Mommy.

Kathryn said...

Mommy is just the background to Andrew's life. Plus, doctors are the most terrifying people in Andrew's life.