Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Sword Swallower

Last night, Seany accidentally inhaled and swallowed a toy sword. Its very flimsy about an inch to an inch and a half long with a slightly pokey end. I called the doctor. Wait and see if he has abdominal pain. Otherwise he should poop it out in 2 days. Check the poop for blood. I'm waiting for him to poop. Yuck. Almost grosser than any previous Mommy duty. Plus, I'm still worried.

Hold on! More nastiness. This morning, Andrew vomited emptying his belly and lazed around. I had to cancel Ryan's appointment at Primary's -- we don't bring sick kids to the children's hospital. Andrew's got some kind of tummy trouble. He basically is fine except his tummy.

I did take Daisy to get her first shots, microchipped, and got her heartworm prevention meds (which also kill and prevent an array of other worms). V. gross. Don't want my pup getting worms. EWWWW!!!!!!!! She gets her next set of vaccines in 3 weeks. Then 3 weeks later gets her last set and her spaying done. I'm just not sure of the rabies vac. It said must be 6 months. I hope she'll be old enough when they do her spaying. Whatever it is, we'll do. But one can hope for fewer visits.

The microchipping is only $20, how do they afford to run that business? She's registered for life now. Is it like a volunteer thing? Nationwide, if she gets lost any shelter with a scanner (they are free to shelters and vets) will know she's ours and contact us....

1 comment:

Beau and Jen said...

Crazy, the lady I work with Son just swallowed a penny... and successfully pooped it out 3 days later! Good luck Sean!