Friday, March 27, 2009

Terms of Endearment

Since joining facebook, I've reconnected with lots of old friends. Some read my blog. I've been asked by a large number about certain lifewithmybabies familiar terms.

Chicklets: came into being because my mother saw us walking and it reminded her of a mother duck and her chicklets. All in a line. I liked it and adopted it when talking about my sons. I wasn't totally happy with "the guys" or "the boys." Chicklets suits me better.

Twix: messy, 2 to a pack, and as Sheila (old friend) said irresistable. Referring to them as the twins never sat well with me. They are twins but there are plenty of other twins out there. To my knowledge Seany and RyGuy are the only twix. And when referring to them as twix it is correct to place 'the' before 'twix.'

Sir RyRy: Ryan was a very regal baby.

RyGuy: More of a husky toddler.

Seany: Original nick name was Seany Boy. Reference to Sean's very Irish name; Sean Patrick Devlin. Recall the Irish Ode "Danny Boy." Shortened to Seany for convenience.

Seanathan: Mark's nick name for Seany.

SPD: When Seany is moving fast. Short for SPEED.

Alex: Likes to be called Alex.

Andrew: Not a fan of nick names for himself. Though wishes Phineas was part of or his name.

AJD: Very infrequently, Andrew likes his intials, but all not just AJ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling chicklets had something to do with either baby chickens or ducks. Glad to know the full meaning behind the name though.

carolyn said...

I'm so used to your terms, that's what I've been calling the guys - at least the twix. Sorry but I'm still going to call Andrew "Andy" on occasion, I like it. Please say hi to the gang.

Kathryn said...

I like Andy too. Miss it acutally. And Andrew told me, that only "Auntie Carolyn" can call him that.