Thursday, March 12, 2009

Window

When we returned from Vegas, I noticed an odd glint from Andrew's bedroom window. I got out the ladder and took down the Christmas lights. And I saw it. Andrew's window was broken on the inside -- a lot.

How could that have happened? If it had been hit by something, wouldn't the outside glass be broken not the inside?

I immediately called the glass company. Very confused male, took my information and promised Beverly would call me back. I waited and waited. I called back the next day. Beverly answered. She was full of apologies. She definitely never heard of the "Dublins."

She got the glass repair guy to come out the next morning and measure the glass. He told me that the old piece was an eighth of an inch too big and that he thought it was a stress crack. It'd be a week for the glass. Scheduled the appointment for Monday morning. Come Monday and instead of worker with glass I got a phone call -- the factory is now closed on Fridays so the glass will be in later and they can put in it Tuesday. Tuesday morning, the worker guy calls and said the glass was delivered broken. Could he reschedule for Thursday? No. I would prefer you install new BROKEN glass... Highly suspicious if you ask me. How do the get the NEW pane so fast after the whole drama getting the first one? Just think someone lied to me somewhere along the line.

Today, I forgot all about it. Luckily, the chicklets and I were home outside sanding chairs. New glass went in and Andrew's window is good as new.

Also, I'm forwarding the bill and the statement that the glass was too big for the hole to the builder -- that's an installation issue and they should pay for it.

No comments: