Monday, March 02, 2009

Let me apologize

When we travel, the chicklets get motion sickness meds. We've experienced (and my father-in-law can attest) the ravages of motion without meds.

Saturday morning, Mark was heading to work, I was showering. As he was getting ready to leave, Mark said, "Kathryn, Andrew says he's sick and threw up."

I quickly dried off. And there was little pathetic but healthy looking Andrew curled up in my bed. "What's wrong Andrew?"

"Daddy said that if I'm sick I have to stay in bed all day."

"Are you sick?"

"Well, I did throw up in the toilet fake throw ups. I just need one of those medicines for me to not get sick."

I was confused. Andrew doesn't take meds. "What?"

"You know the medicines that I needed to go to Las Vegas?"

"Oh." Light bulb very bright now. "Andrew, those are only for in the car. You cannot have that unless we're going on trip."

"What about my fake throw ups?"

"Well, since they were fake, do you think you feel well enough to play?"

"I guess so." Deep sigh, and with slightly hunched shoulders he scampered off for a more exciting adventure than pretending to be sick.

2 comments:

Kemari said...

what fun kids are! Cute blog! my link is on my facebook page! can I add you to my list?

Kathryn said...

Of course you can add me! I'd be honored. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list.