Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some days

Some days are harder than others. Today did not start off well. Finally 15 minutes before Mark is due home, I feel like its 'under control.' We live in a world of locks on every cabinet and door. Andrew unlocked and didn't relock the fridge. I had the pleasure of finding Seany taking out the meager supplies we have left and massacring them. I was able to save the carrots.

Alex forgot to lock the pantry. I've been stepping on crumbs for most of the afternoon. I haven't found the broom (how do you lose a broom in a house with few furnishings?).

The puppy has been out in the garage most of the day. I could not handle her and Ryan (mostly) but her and the kids in the kitchen today. As soon as Mark gets home, he needs to take her and play with her for a while. I have a lot to do to get dinner going -- prep work (seems we're out of all the things I usually keep portioned).

In 12 minutes, I have to blot up 15+ stains on the carpet -- Seany traipsed through with mud on his boots.

My tension level was extremely high, I still feel like all the nerve endings are tingling. I can't calm down. I really need a break from the kids but its too cold to just go for a walk.

I know that this isn't my worst day ever. Not even in the top 10. But that doesn't mean it wasn't in the running...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some days I feel the same way. And yes it was way too cold to go for a walk last night or even yesterday. Today is supposed to be cold again, but at least the sun is shining.

Too bad we didn't live closer or I could come help you out when things got bad. It is always nice having somebody else around to vent too.