Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Reader

Alex is a great reader. He reads everyday in spurts (a magazine article here, a chapter there, a recipe, how to do blank there) to get to his 25 required minutes a day for school. The school is having a reading contest -- each student needs to read 500 this month. I can't get that boy to put his books down! Yesterday he read for 122 minutes. So far today he's read for 43 (yes, I have to TIME him), then brought me Eragon and said, "Mommy, I've finished it now you read it and we can talk about it! I'm starting book 2!"

He reminded me off all my Twilight (fans) friends when the last book came out (may have to borrow them, as I keep hearing more and more about all I'm missing).

Andrew not to be left out, brought me Sean's baby words book, pointed to the picture of the apple and said, "Mommy it says, 'This is a red apple.'"

Mommy: "No Andrew, it just says 'apple.'"

Andrew: "But it really is a red apple."

Mommy: "You're right, Andrew. But the only word on the page is under the picture and it is APPLE."

Andrew: "Well, how do you spell THIS IS A RED APPLE?"

Mommy: "How about you just spell the letters in APPLE?"

Andrew: "Well, I don't know how to say the letter L. Its very tricky. (He squinted his eyes.)"

Mommy: "I think you're tricky you just said L."

Andrew: "Oh, Ok. A-P-(long long pause) P-L (big smile)-D Oh, I mean E!"

No comments: