Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snow

Yesterday afternoon, we had a lot of snow right at commute time. I was relieved when Mark showed up at home.

After dinner, Mark suggested we go shovel the snow. Ryan wanted to help. Then Alex, Sean, and Andrew wanted to help too. I spent the better part of 45 minutes searching for snow gloves, jackets, and boots. Once everyone was properly attired, I realized we were going to have to put my car in the garage -- bad rock chip (repaired) and we don't want to have the windshield crack. So I had to move all the dinette stuff I'm working on. The chairs, table legs, top, etc. Then I had to deal with a bunch of extension cords. After another 20 - 30 minutes I could finally move the car. At that point I was frustrated, stressed, etc. Finally I was able to shovel snow with Mark and watch the kids play.

The excitement of fresh snow and the playing out in it after dark took hold of me and when we were ready to go in. I was in a much better mood. Even made the chicklets hot chocolate.

No comments: