Monday, March 30, 2009

Some projects are doomed from the start

Saturday, I was chatting with my more liberal neighbor -- I feel lucky to have found someone not so conservative around here. He and his wife are very cool, so we're glad they're next door. We've always been lucky with our immediate neighbors, we've never had a bad one!

I was supposed to be doing the dinette set, but Mark went to get more black paint and I was watching the kids. Our neighbor asked, if we'd bitten off more than we could chew. Its been a month without our kitchen table and chairs.

No was my answer. And I really do feel that way. This project has just been constantly sabotaged between unexpected delays, primer not sticking (yeah that was very helpful) leading to having to sand EVERYTHING, and Seany. The actual physical work of the project is quite uncomplicated.

Thanks to Seany, I've gone through an ENTIRE can on stain. He's stepped on a few coats, added his own painting techniques, and left stuff stuck to the wet surface. The tabletop has its 6th coat on it. Its the 6th coat that will be SANDED off. At this point we've given up on staining and are just going to paint the entire thing black. It will still match the kitchen. Its just not the look I'd envisioned.

With any luck or no further sabotage, you should see the pictures by the end of the week.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

oo, i look forward to it. black often looks really cool, like my black shelving unit that has a nice oriental look. it's ikea, but oriental. :)