Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Alex is a soccer player

In the car on the way to practice, Alex said, "Mommy, its a good thing I'm good a soccer. It wouldn't be much fun if I weren't."

I was fairly startled, I didn't think he was particularly good at soccer, he's good at basketball, but soccer? Luckily, I faked it, "Yeah, Alex. Just don't go around saying that. Its sounds a bit like bragging."

Alex responded, "Oh, I know that. But its ok to be honest with you, Mommy." He's really not vain, he just confident in this.

Rewind to last night's game...

"Coach, I can't take it. I can't play defense every game."

Coach said, "But Alex, your the best defense man we have. We need you in the back field."

Alex said, "How about I just TRY playing offense for a little bit and play defense some of the game?"

Break to today's practice...

I was playing with Andrew -- stickers, magazine, some kind of puzzle invented by Andrew. Then I heard, "Ok, watch Alex trap the ball again. Alex trap it and kick it to Don. Good. Guys just try to do it the way Alex does it. He gets you the ball from the other team."

So it looks like he was right. He does know what he's doing on the soccer field.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Hey, I didn't know Alex was famous - http://www.inews3.com/topstory.php?id=416c65787c4465766c696e (copy & paste to new window and please show Alex & kids ;)