Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Swampy's gift

I won't say what we got him for fear of his reading it here -- ruined surprises are always a bummer.

Andrew: "I want to get Swampy's present at the dollar store."

Mommy: "Well, I'd prefer you make something for Swampy. I think he'd appreciate a hand made thank you card to anything you could buy him."

Andrew: "Then why did you buy him ******?"

Mommy: "Its unique to Utah and its appropriate to bring a thoughtful gift when someone does something so unusually nice for you. But when you're a kid, it is more appropriate to make a thoughtful gift."

A grumbling Andrew: "I could find a thoughtful gift at the dollar store. I want to buy him something."

Mommy: "How about you buy him the last bit of the present and make him a card?"

Andrew: "Can we get it at the dollar store?"

Mommy: "No."

HUGE sigh of disappointment, then quietly and under his breath, "I'll just make him a card."

Mommy: "Cheer up kiddo, you can give him the bag."

Andrew: "YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sean and Ryan in unison: "YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

No comments: