Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Its raining, its pouring, Andrew is playing

SOCCER!

We dropped Alex and Mark off at a soccer clinic Alex's coach arranged. Two hours of training by the high school soccer coach -- "SCORE!"

"He's the BEST in the area, Mommy." "Whatever you do, make sure I don't miss the clinic. I need these skills."

It was raining.

We got to Andrew's field. More rain. He had his coat on, he had the hood up. He was ready to go.

Andrew said, "Oh, Mommy. Nobody will see my jersey. I need to put my coat o-f-f."

"But Andrew. You don't like to feel cold."

Andrew replied, "Mom-eeeeeeeee, my jers-eeeeeeee."

"Do what you want then."

He smiled up and down the field, he wiped droplets of rain out of his eyes, he delighted in his soccer game.

At the end, "Oh, I feel cold!" he pronounced rubbing his wet slick arms. He headed to safety of the umbrella and put on his coat. Just as I zipped it, the ref blew the whistle. Game over.

"Well, at least I'm not cold anymore."

---

Meanwhile, Ryan stuck his tongue out to catch rain drops. Seany started twirling, "Wooo, Wooo, Woooo" he chanted as he spun, spun, spun. Ryan caught the bug and together they 'wooed' and twirled until "BOINK!" the heads collided.

No comments: