Friday, September 26, 2008

Library

We went to the library today. This is not an easy errand for a variety of reasons.

1. In libraries, the staff expect the 2 3-year-olds to be quiet.

2. No running.

3. You can only choose 1 book -- not only is this a problem for Ryan, this is also a problem for Alex. The reason for this rule, I have to know exactly how many books to round up on return day -- if Alex chose 3, Andrew 2, Ryan 14, and Seany 5, well, its obvious that would be hard to remember and find all of.

4. Its not fair that Mommy gets 2 books. Never will be. That's life. I need to read. I feel very depressed and unable to cope without a book going. Whereas you, Alex, enjoy reading the same book 4 times in a row.

5. No matter how many times Seany tries to stand on their printer, they will never ever ever go along with it. HOW DARE THEY! Seany is always quite unbelieving and upset when he is yet again told that he cannot climb/stand/sit on the printer -- you'd think they'd move the printer.

6. Parking is either behind in the shared lot or in front street side. Do I really have to explain why this creates anxiety.

Today went well, all things considered. I try to know ahead of time what books I will be selecting so I'm not spending time perusing the racks. I found both immediately, while Alex took off for Roald Dahl (his favorite). Andrew, Seany, and Ryan went with me to the board books. Andrew stopped. He spotted an Aladdin book (very exciting and wonderful as he usually takes ages to choose), Seany grabbed the first book he touched and took off for the door and Ryan even chose a book about potty time!

No comments: