Thursday, September 11, 2008

Walking to school

Many mornings we have trouble getting out the door. We MUST leave by 8:30 for Alex to get to school on time and allow him to have his second breakfast -- he eats the school breakfast as well as his breakfast at home.

Today, Andrew slept until 8:25, when I woke him up. Today, Ryan would not leave the garage until I dug the "tray pah pak" aka train backpack out of its storage box. We do not use it as a backpack. Its Alex's from when he was 3 and in love with all things Thomas the Tank Engine (remember those days). It has wheels and a carry bar. Its a piece of luggage.

Ryan finally came out of the garage and won't get in the stroller, he started walking following Alex. Ryan walks at normal 2 year old speed -- way to slow. Dragging a backpack, he walks even slower. I finally got him in the stroller and Seany took off running full speed on the sidewalk. So, now I have to RUN to keep up with little S.P.D. aka Speed.

I forgot to mention that Ryan was wearing the wellies (Thomas boots my friend Keri gave Alex during the glory days of all things train). The wellies are 3 sizes to big for Ryan and reach his knees.

He was sitting in the front seat of the stroller with his wellies on clutching the Thomas luggage to his chest while I was running and pushing the stroller trying to catch up with S.P.D. I feel something go under the stroller. Stop. Its a wellie. I threw it in the basket, it bounced out, and I had to run back 1/2 a block to retrieve it, while RyGuy screamed, "My boo! My boo! MYYYYYYYY BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

I caught Sean, dumped him on the top of the stroller and looked at the time we'd wasted 15 minutes and we'll be lucky if Alex is on time to class forget about breakfast.

We got to the school 5 minutes before the bell by running all the way -- luckily its downhill. Alex disappeared. And I forgot to tell him about the change to the after school meeting place today.

I got to his class, told his teacher to have him go to the office after school and then chatted for a few moments. No Alex. I went to the cafeteria and still no Alex. Where was he, suddenly he reappears in the cafeteria, I gave him the message but he wouldn't speak. He looked like he was faking a smile. Oh well, I'll find out what was wrong after school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to be checking back for the update..... What was Alex up to??

People in the Bay Area complaining about their morning trip to work should read your descriptions and see how crazy a morning commute can really be :)