Monday, September 15, 2008

We're going to Disneyland...TODAY!!!

Yes, it be true. We made it to Anaheim. We left yesterday at 4:30 am and got here about 3 pm PST (that's 11 and 1/2 hours). This amazed me. We only had to make 1 extra stop, otherwise Seany was fine with the stops we made for lunch and gas. In theory, long drives should only get easier, I hope, perhaps, I should hope for too much...

Things about the drive:
-Joshua trees make their way all the way from Southern Utah (where we say 10), through Arizona and Nevada, into California where there are fields of hundreds.

-The drive to Southern Cali is a lot easier than Northern Cali (by 4 hours last time I did it) and minus the curvy roads.

-Alex with an art kit is the way to go.

-We forgot to pack the twix toys, lucky they have each other.

Last night, we got into our room, which by no imaginable standard, in anyway matches what we were sold online. Next time we come, we're staying at a specific hotel right across from the entrance. The light switch is so close to a corner, that the cover had to be cut in half. And our room is practically on the main drag. Which is why I'm typing and not sleeping, after hours of waking up everytime a loud vehicle went by, I just gave up.

Alex woke up 20 minutes ago and is playing Pokemon. He and I will go check out breakfast in another 15 minutes and then come back. By then everyone else should be up to get breakfast, then dressed, then walk the mile to D-I-S-N-E-Y-L-A-N-D. Yes, I said 'the mile.' Our hotel is '2 blocks' from the park, their 2 blocks and everyone else's are a different thing.

Today's agenda: find out if Alex can participate in the flag ceremony on Main St one afternoon, after that, spend the day at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!

I can't wait to see Andrew's face!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have time, have dinner at Pirate's Dinner Adventure. It's a couple of exits north by Knott's Berry Farm. I'm sure your boys will love it.