Monday, September 29, 2008

Flowers

Seany is a collector. Today on the walk to school, he, Andrew, and Ryan ran all the way -- 1 mile down hill. While I learned that I can jog an entire downhill mile and only not be able to breathe the last sprinting 2/10ths.

Once we got to the school, Ryan took off to go to class (which is not until 11:30). Andrew took off to hold the door open for all the kids and moms. Seany stopped to pick the flowers, the dandelions with no petals and no white fuzz to blow off. He collected his bare dandelion heads, brought them to me and said, "Wook! Wook! I did ith! Frowers pitty!"

On the walk home, he was content to sit and admire his collection or so I thought. Another mother said out of blue, "And now he's eating the dandelion heads."

I figured it was too late to do anything about it, so not surprisingly, he spat them all out a few moments later.

2 comments:

carolyn said...

funny, yesterday I saw a video about edible plants and it said dandelions are really healthy - some tonic properties. I don't know about the flower parts, they were eating the leaves and roots as tonics.

Kathryn said...

Yeah, that's why I wasn't super stressed, I was mostly concerned whether they'd been sprayed with weed killer. But since all the plant life was fine, I figured, not to stress.