Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mom's birthday

Andrew: Mommy, do you think you'd like to have a Mom's Birthday?

Mommy: Sure, I would. (Phineas and Ferb is all Mom all the time at the Devlins lately.)

Andrew: Mommy, I could sing Candace's song to you. "Thanks for all care and love you (pause)" Ah, Mommy. What comes next in the Mom song?

Alex: Andrew, how about I do the song part. That's the part that actually means something. That's why Mommy always stops and watches that part with us. It makes her sad and happy at the same time.

Andrew: Well, how about I just do the parts that make you happy?

Mommy: Ok.

Break to the table paper and crayons...

Andrew: Mommy, watch me make the fireworks. Mommy, you have to watch me, I don't have the things that Ferb did to make the fireworks come out for real. Poosh! Swish! (Frantic crayon lines across the paper.) Now Mommy, this is me and this HUGE one is you. (Love being huge.)

Ah, Mommy? Can you write these words for me? "Love from the child who loves you most. Alex and Andrew."

Mommy: (obediently writing said words) Wow this is a great card.

Andrew: Yeah Mommy. So was it your best birthday ever even though your birthday is a long time ago? Oh I mean away?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, this is really sweet... What a cool card