Wednesday, October 01, 2008

And we're walking...

Andrew is the snacker today at preschool. Must bring snack to share starting with the letter of the week.

I'm really hoping he doesn't get Q or X -- quail eggs and I've yet to think of an X.

This week is D. I was really struggling then I came up with danishes and doughnuts. Not healthy, but at least it meets the D. So we had to go to the store this am to get the freshest from the best bakery in town.

We were NOT going to walk Alex to school, but instead drive him. As we were out in the garage, collecting shoes, changing diaps, I see two of the neighbor kids on scooters waiting for us to walk. We've been known as the neighborhood walking fanatics. Perhaps we've walked one too many miles, perhaps we've walked in heat or cold that others drive thru. At any rate, I didn't want to let the kids down especially when their mom was still in her bathrobe hoping not to drive this am. She's very cool and awesome neighbor.

So we walked, I grabbed my purse and we were off. We got them to school. Then I asked Andrew which store. "Well, now we can't go to Payson Market because its too far to walk. Let's just go to Smith's." he expressed glumly.

"We can go to either store. Its only another mile to Payson Market (delicious bakery)."

"I don't want to go that far."

So we went to Smith's. "Mommy, these doughnuts will be great." And on our way home, "Wow Mommy I didn't know there was such a fast shortcut to our house. We should only walk to Smith's and save emery for the enro-mental."

"Andrew you mean save energy for the environment. And that's a great idea."

"Mommy, but we'll still take the car when it snows or is cold, OK?"

No comments: