Thursday, October 09, 2008

Writer's Workshop

Today, I gave Alex's class a little lesson in writing. I talked to them about writing about funny moments in their day.

The two biggest compliments, his teacher said, "this is the first time every kid had something to write about." And at Alex's football game, one of his team/classmates gave me a thumbs up and said, "Good workshop, Mrs. Devlin. It was fun. Thanks."

All the kids seemed to have fun and all the kids wrote their very own funny story with accompaning picture. Alex's was of course, my favorite. He wrote about Sean. "Sean climbed the gate and because he of his naughtiness we got to open Disneyland." All the kids were adorable and even the truely shy one's seemed to like the project. I loved seeing his teacher. She is so kind and sweet -- perfect!

I was truly surprised it went so well and am delighted I can have found on thing I do well -- make people smile.

No comments: