Monday, October 06, 2008

Decisions

Holidays are coming....

Halloween decorations went up last week on the porch (window clings, garland on the porch railing, scarecrows, and pumpkins to be picked up at the patch in a couple weeks). Sean and Ryan cannot (by cannot I mean not physically possible) leave the decorations alone. They clustered the scarecrows together and readjust their positions everyday. They move the window clings around the window (which messed us the very heavy blinds).

Today, I took the window clings away. I'm afraid the blinds will crash down on their heads or something.

This leads to the decisions Mark and I will have to make. We wanted to get the older boys a Wii for Christmas. These are very expensive and will require a lot of pieces and will attract the twix. The twix have not progressed in a years time to place where I have any confidence, they would not break the Wii. Mark's 360 is in our room and that is dangerous enough. I think we have to wait a year.

So then what do we get the older boys for Christmas (they have the appropriate bikes, trikes, scooters...)

What about decorating the house for Christmas? We could do what we did last year. Keep all important special decorations locked up. Use a small tree, placed on table so twix can't reach with nonbreakable ornaments. I had hoped to be able to display our cute stuff -- after the weekend and this morning, I'm pretty certain this is a no go.

Alex is hoping to get a desk for his birthday so he can have his computer setup. Andrew would not get an equivalent gift. I'm not sure what to do here. He really would love his own DS. But then we wouldn't be able to get him games....

Suggestions? Ideas? Etc?

No comments: