Thursday, October 09, 2008

Tonsillectomy in the morning

Ok, I'm really very scared. I've been pretending it is not happening for a month and thinking about other stuff. Visiting Alex's class, Alex's football games, preschool issues, etc.

Now I have only an hour and forty-five minutes of drinking privileges and then it be real. The nurse called and gave me my instructions. These be beauties, everyone of them.

Instructions:

1. Show up CLEAN. I'd actually prefer they sponge bathe (complete with scalp massage during my shampoo) me prior to my surgery. If they are going to insist I wash, then I suppose I will wash.

2. No children. As my father-in-law said, "they can watch in the corner of the operating room." And I promise as their mom that they will be silent and stay out the way. PLEASE, please can't they come? They are very good at terrifying adults into submitting to their whims.

3. No jewelry. No make-up. Come on.... All these no no nos, what am I, 2 years old?

4. Loose clothing. So that when they have to dress me they're not struggling between my skin tight going in for surgery-wear and my excessive excess.

5. A ride home. I really think I'll be ok to drive, so what I'll be heavily sedated, nauseated, and traumatized, I could really manage a 25 minute drive home on the freeway in a car when I will probably be unable to hold my head up.

6. 24 hrs ADULT supervision. Was it really necessary to throw the adult in there? Perhaps Seany would prefer to S-U-P-E-R-V-I-S-E? Or more likely, RyGuy he's already the bossiest man I've ever know, he'd love to have this responsibility. Can't we give him a chance at it? Even Andrew, he'd throw his hat in the ring, he'd love to be in charge. He'll play video games and I can lay dying in the background.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Hope it goes well and you heal quickly. Sending love & best wishes. Love,
Carolyn