Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Getting ready for school

This morning we were raring to go. I had planned on driving Alex to give me more time to C-L-E-A-N before guests arrive today and tomorrow. Instead everyone was out the door and Andrew called, "Mommy, we ARE waiting to go."

So we walked to school. Good thing. Today was "Walk to School Day." Alex got a sticker and an extra recess.

When we got home, I reminded Andrew that it was show and tell day and the letter was E. He freaked! "We don't have any elephants. We don't have any eggs!" After reminding him about the elephant in the basement, he dashed off and put it in his backpack. Notice he knew 2 objects that started with E. He'll forget next week, but he'll know them this week.

At 10:40, I told Sean and Ryan it was time to get changed for school. They stripped off their clothes and came back with clean garments. With help, they got dressed. Then I went to vacuum Alex's room and the stairs. When I came down, both their backpacks were on the kitchen floor. The lunch boxes had been zipped open and Ryan had put his sippy cup in his box.

I heart my chicklets.

No comments: