Friday, October 03, 2008

Spiders

When we lived on Pear, we had an all natural bug killing company come out to our house twice a year and zap our house. It was non-toxic stuff that bugs don't like (especially spiders) and I never had to look at a bug or spider in the 4 years we lived there.

Since we moved to Payson, I haven't found a spider/bug sprayer company. We have A LOT of spiders. One was crawling along a computer cord yesterday, 2 were hanging from the ceiling. I flipped out. Poor Mark was left to do research. Any Payson friends want to give us a heads up?

Then would you believe, I saw a news story about the high amount of spiders in SOUTHERN UTAH COUNTY this year? I couldn't believe it! And the worst part, tarantulas are crawling all over Springville. That's a wee bit close for my comfort (only 10 miles away). Mark made some remark about hitch-hiking spiders being a common danger... Funny guy... Not his irrational fear, so I was hardly amused (ok, it was damn funny, but still 10 freaking miles away, YIKES!)

Thank you, Dear Lord, for blessing me with Ryan. He just picks these suckers up with his bare fingers and flings them off the back porch. I heart my fearless little exterminator. I hope that they are not the biting kind.

No comments: