Monday, August 18, 2008

Car rides

The big boys sit together in the back row of the minivan. They often fight. Listening to bits and pieces of their game, I was trying to decided if they were fighting or not.

Alex: Something, something, thumb wrestle.

Andrew: Swoosh, swish, something something. Ha Ha ice cream fell on your head too!

Alex: Let's be friends, Buford.

Andrew: Ok, Phineas. Ok, now its my turn to be Phineas.

Apparently, they were playing out the thumb wrestle scene from P&F. It was a good thing I caught on that it was just play, they were about 2.5 seconds away from a "Do NOT talk. Do NOT touch. FOR THE REST OF THE CAR RIDE." type exchange with "Mommy Dearest."

---

After getting gas, I shut my door and we were off. Alex and Andrew were screaming at the tops of their respective lungs, trying to get out of the back seat, and speak totally incoherently all at the same time.

"WHAT is WRONG with you guys?" I asked, as I pulled over on a busy road.

"THERE'S A WASP FLYING AND LANDING ON US!" screamed Alex.

"IT IS A HUGE BUG!" screamed Andrew at the same time. Andrew will not play outside if a wasp comes within 100 yards of him. So being strapped to a car seat with one flying around did nothing to curb his fear.

I opened all the doors, the poor thing darted out of the back seat and off to freedom.

The 'big' boys were so traumatized they started into hysterical giggles of relief that let up only upon arrival at our destination.

No comments: