Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The first flower EVER

So this morning after breakfast, Andrew ran outside to do I don't know what. He ran back in immediately. "MOMMY! ALEX! BABIES! You guys have to see this! HURRY! HURRY!"

We all dart to the door (I made a quick detour for the camera just in case). The fire fighting helicopter landed on our driveway? Mark's car is on fire? The neighbor kids are covered in tar and feathers? Nope, nope, nope.

The first bloom at our new house appeared today. A lovely WHITE hibiscus. We all thought it'd be pink. I'm so pleased with the white flower and it looks like maybe 50 more will bloom in the next couple days! This is why I love gardening and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Andrew shares my enthusiasm.

1 comment:

DufusUT said...

I just hope he loves helping pull weeds too.