Monday, August 25, 2008

School has officially started

Having just reread this post, I swear I'm not whining. This is like a list posted on the fridge of what I've got to get done. It just sounds like whining, because I'm also thinking of how to do everything.

I can tell that school has begun because the craziness has started. I thought I could get an evening job. If I do that, some if not all the following would be dropped/changed/simply to exhausted. The only time to work would be the weekend, so then when would we fit family stuff in?

What I want to know, "How do SUPERMOMS do it all?"

My parents last day was yesterday and I was so exhausted from the first 3 days of the school year that I passed out for like 3 hours.

Upcoming stuff:

1. My ENT appointment to get my tonsil surgery scheduled -- today.
1a. Tonsil surgery.

2. Preschool open house for Andrew tomorrow. He learns which hook is his, which seat is his, etc.
2a. Preschool starts next week, two afternoons a week.

3. Andrew's soccer games are two evenings a week (Tues, Wed, or Thu) and Mark can't make about 80% of his games.

4. Alex's soccer games are two evenings a week (Tues, Wed, or Thu) with a practice thrown in on the off day. Mark can't make any practices or about 80% of the games.
4a. The week after soccer ends, football begins (same sort of schedule).

5. Alex started cub scouts, every Thu at 4 and the second Wed of the month. He's very excited and as usual full of enthusiasm. He tried to wear his uniform every moment of the weekend. Rules had to be established.

6. The twix have therapy and classes as usual (at least one therapist every week and 2 classes), until their 3rd birthday when their preschool starts (I don't know what that schedule will be).

7. We still have to get the yard done (at least drainage, sprinklers, trees, playyard, and the grass. The patio, garden, pathways, etc will have to wait until the spring.).
7a. We're taking our first family vacation since the twix appeared (sans Palm Springs as 1 year old heat affected tots) in 3 weeks (losing all that time to get stuff done).

8. I still have to do all the normal household chores, yard work, and fit in Ryan's therapy sessions. (Yes, his therapy is basically going for walks and playing at the park, but it still has to happen everyday -- another reason we need the playyard up in the backyard.)

No comments: