Friday, August 08, 2008

The Pop Singer

Alex wants to be a teen idol -- what does he see holding him back? I won't get him singing and dancing lessons. "Alex you practice singing all the time and I think you'd find dancing stressful."

"Well, I don't stutter when I sing, Mommy and I have to make up my own dance moves," he spits out angrily.

"Yes, Alex. I totally think you should be a singer too. Great idea. But its not fair to your brothers and you've already been signed up for soccer and then football and you said you wanted to do basketball and karate after that."

"Well, why can't I just do it all?"

Kiddo, why can't we all...

---

Alex's favorite songs to sing "I have Nemesis" from Phineas and Ferb, where he does all the dance moves featured in the cartoon, that Ibook song from the commercial with the notebook coming out of the envelope, and "Happy Days are Here Again" -- thank you, Nona for that last number.

This last jingle he's turned Seany onto so at random moments I hear Seany sing "Happy Day. Happy Day. Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy..."

No comments: