Wednesday, August 06, 2008

To the Dentist we trekked

Bright and early this morning, I dragged the chicklets out of bed, threw them into their car seats and took off for the dentist (45 minutes away -- but he and his staff are fabulous).

Sean and Ryan are on a different cycle thanks to Seany's chipped tooth. So they just got to wait and wait and wait. Two 2 year olds, waiting and waiting and waiting. I had to tell a busy body off in the waiting room -- they'd ripped up 5 brochures for some dental payment plan. She was shocked, shocked I tell you. She'd never seen such naughtiness and she didn't know what to do when I told her to bugger off. At least they weren't SCREAMING.

Alex went first. He had a blast -- super sensitive man finds the whole teeth cleaning operation ticklish and he giggled through his check up. NO cavities -- go Alex go Alex go.

Andrew went next. Andrew must have needed some attention this morning. "The light is in my eyes. Turn it off. I can't see." All the while squint, squint, blink, blink. "Alex, fix my chair for the lady. My chair is too low." Alex happily obiligied. "Lady, look at my teeth they are squeaky clean." Rubbing the latex glove back and forth she made them squeak squeak squeak. Giggles insued. Another kid cavity free.

And me for the first time since Andrew's pregnancy folks I be cavity free! YES!

Mark on the other hand has two to be filled next week. (I'm secretly pleased as I took quite a lot of ribbing 4 years ago when those 14 cavities appeared after Andrew's pregnancy.)

1 comment:

DufusUT said...

yeah, yeah, yeah. You forgot to mention Alex ratting me out to the dentist telling them that "It's all the Sam's Cola daddy drinks"