Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Inaction Figure

The comments left by Swampy of "Phineas and Ferb" led to the great "Phineas and Ferb" summit of 2008. This morning's breakfast talk was all about the show's finest moments.

Alex: "I liked it when they went into space on the roller coaster and as they passed the satellite, Phineas said, 'You know if that lands in our yard Candace is in charge.' Classic. Just classic."

Andrew: "Well I liked it when Candace turned into a mummy and Phineas and Ferb and Candace ran back and forth in the museum. That was soooo funny. (Huge Grin)"

Mommy: "Ok when Doffenschritz is telling the story about why he doesn't like birthdays and says 'It all started on the actual day of my birth when both of my parents failed to show up.' That would be a bummer."

Andrew: "Yeah Mommy, a bummer." Obviously distracted, Andrew folds his hands on the table, places his chin on his hands and sighs, "I want an inaction figure." (We've had this particular talk maybe 20 times.)

Alex speaks for me: "Andrew when we go to Disneyland in September, we will get you a Perry the Platypus stuffed animal. Just use your imagination and it can BE an inaction figure."

Andrew: "No Alex. I don't want a stuffed animal. I want an inaction figure of Perry the PAT-A-PUS. Alex, I want one like Phineas and Ferb made at the toy factory. That's what I want."

Alex: "Well, just ask Santa for it, Andrew. He can make anything happen."

Andrew: "Alex, how about you just call me Phineas today? OK."

Alex: "Ok, Andrew. Oh sorry Phineas."

Ryan: "Mommy Mommy, my Fer my Fer." All that discussion makes RyGuy realize he was not at that moment watching the show.

Mommy: "Ryan, do you want to watch "Phineas and Ferb?"

Ryan: "Yes."

Seany running full speed ahead to get the choice seat on the couch shouts "YEAHHHHHH!!!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me tear up a little.

Dan Povenmire

Kathryn said...

You guys totally ROCK! We love you here at the Devlin house.

Thanks for bring us all a little joy.