Monday, August 18, 2008

Shopping

Saturday, we went to the mall with the Disney Store in it. We were actually going to the home decor store, but one must make a few fun stops. FYI, Saturday before school starts is NOT the best day to go to any mall.

The store had all the summer tops (muscle tees) on sale -- we got each chicklet one. Then Mark found "Phineas and Ferb" visors in clearance section. They had one for each chicklet and in the correct sizes. Stuff like this hardly ever falls into place for us -- 4 chicklets is just too many for everyone to always get the same thing or the correct sizes or even have enough of whatever in stock.

I told the cashier how amazingly smooth all the "Phineas and Ferb" stuff was falling into place -- from the visiting the studio next month to finding cute hats for each kid and then she gave us 4 stickers for each kid, one of each character.

So now, we have stickers to decorate the chicklets autograph books with!

---

Friday, I was starting a shopping list. I had just started a "Phineas and Ferb" for the twix and Mark after watching the intro, strolled over. He headed straight for the list. I was surprised! Mark add something to the list? Mark remind me of something I hadn't thought to put on said list? What was he up to? I must investigate.

I quietly looked down at his hand on the paper. First, he drew a triangle, then a tuff of hair, two circles. "Hey," I thought, "that looks just like Phineas."

I asked about it. Mark said, "I want to teach Alex to draw Phineas for his thank you note to Swampy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool..... From the bonanza of finding gear for all the young ones, to the contribution of Marks thoughts, I think Walt is somewhere up there smiling right now....